You Can't Run From The Wind
Personal Conflict Management. Developing the confidence, competence and comfort for dealing with conflict.
This seminar will examine your conflict style and demonstrate some great strategies for de-escalation of a situation.
Conflict doesn't just "happen". The things you do can make it better or make it worse.
Conflict is an inevitable aspect of life. It happens in our relationships, our families and our work. It is extremely unlikely that you will get through any week without running into some conflict with someone in the busy world we live and work in.
- Separate the person from the problem
- Focus on common interest and not on positions
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- Grant weight where appropriate
- Eliminate attributions
- Build Bridges
- Recognize positive changes
- Deal in the here and now
- Use appropriate openness
- Choose your words carefully
- Choose your battles carefully
- Stay Quiet when appropriate
- Safeguard rules of fair communication
- Remain personally encouraging